Seminar: Intelligente Verarbeitung und Analyse von Daten
This seminar replaces the former “Seminar: Image Processing and Content Analysis”.
Limited number of participants : maximum 10 seminar participants.
The participants of the seminar prepare papers on a narrowly defined topic. The seminar offers the possibility to practice the elaboration of complex questions and the comprehensible presentation of scientific findings during the semester. The paper can be written in English or German.
We cover current topics from the field of intelligent processing and analysis of data, with a focus on machine learning and neural networks, especially from the field of digital image processing and its applications. The focus will be on results of recent research as well as aspects of system realization. Proposed topics will be presented during the introductory session.
With the successful participation in the module the students have learned:
- Familiarization with complex scientific issues and independent development of the topic area
- Preparation of scientific papers and presentations
- Discussion of scientific topics
Teaching and Learning Methods
Students are given the topic of their seminar presentation in the introductory lecture. They prepare their paper and presentation under the guidance of qualified research assistants. The evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
- Understanding of the own topic: content quality of the final presentation, literature research, understanding of theory
- Motivation/independence/working method: Bonus points through self-programmed examples or own abstracting illustrations
- Active participation in discussion
- Communication of own topic: didactic quality of the final lecture, didactic quality of the written final report
Mathias Wien (LFB)
Abin Jose (IENT)